Our specialist civil team has the expertise and knowledge to deliver comprehensive practical advice combined with quality advocacy for commercial clients and private individuals from the UK and overseas in a wide variety of matters. Many of the team are acknowledged by the legal directories as leaders in their fields.
Members of the team have a thorough understanding of the demands of litigation and are aware of the need to use the litigation process as a means of achieving best outcomes, preferably by avoidance of formal court or arbitral proceedings where possible.
We are able to provide a flexible service from representation at ADR, through small claims, tribunal and County Court hearings to high value disputes in the High Court and above. We have barristers who are experienced in high value international litigation in the Business and Property Courts and arbitral proceedings involving disputes both inside and outside the EU.
We are able to provide sound advice and representation in a wide range of areas including:
- Agricultural disputes
- Banking and consumer credit
- Building and construction
- Business and share sale agreements
- Contractual and commercial trade disputes
- Fraud, restitutionary and tracing claims
- Insolvency – both corporate and individual
- Negligence and nuisance
- Partnership & joint venture disputes
- Professional negligence
- Sale and supply of goods and services
- Unfair prejudice and derivative claims
See also the additional specific areas of work:
Court of Protection
Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
Property and Planning
Public Law and Regulatory
Inheritance Probate and Trusts
ADR and Mediation