An experienced general civil practitioner specialising in a wide range of commercial and chancery (including TOLATA) matters who is often instructed to:
- provide tactical advice in either proposed or live claims
- assist clients in reaching a settlement at mediation
- draft pleadings and applications; and
- provide representation in venues ranging from the Royal Courts of Justice to County Courts in London and across East Anglia
Nick’s ability and manner is reflected in the quality work that he has already undertaken and the notable clients who have instructed him. Examples include:
- Receiving instructions from an international law firm to attend Bangkok and Singapore to provide assistance to a global insurance company in the assessment and settlement of insurance claims exceeding US $2bn arising out of the 2011 Thai floods.
- Advising a well known international money lender on several strategic commercial contracts it has with some of the world’s largest banks and financial institutions.
- Receiving instructions to appear in numerous multi-track cases concerning claims for as much as £500,000 and in interlocutory applications at venues across East Anglia, the Royal Courts of Justice and the Central London County Court.
- Appearing on behalf of, amongst others: a famous Norwich-based mustard producer; regional developers of prime locations in Norwich and Ipswich; local authorities; well-known high street banks, publishers; insurers and insurance brokers; and in a case involving a premiership football club.
The Royal Courts of Justice
Central London County Court
County Courts across East Anglia
First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
LL.M (Commercial and Corporate Law) (Lond) – Merit – 2002
LL.B (Hons) – 2:1 – 2001